Can you imagine a life without pets? Our pets bring us so much joy and enrichment. Life wouldn't be quite the same without them. Although pets quickly become cherished members of the family, they ...View Article
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
[k9 w/ collar on]
- Will it make the dog fat and Lazy?
- No, Obesity is due to excessive calorie intake. Weight can be controlled with proper feeding exercise.
- Will it change their disposition, personality or intelligence?
- Dogs personality do not develop until about 1-2 years of age.
If there is a personality change after spaying at an early age, it would have occured without surgery.
- Are there any problems associated with spaying?
- A very small percentage of dogs have trouble holding their urine as they become older.
This is normally controlled with medication.
- Why would I spay
- To prevent overpopulations, can prevent certain cancers and diseases, behaviors and can make them live longer.
- What is the earliest age to spay?
- The earliest age to spay is 5 months